The Western North Carolina Agricultural Options Program builds sustainable farming communities in our mountain region by providing resources directly to farmers who are diversifying and expanding their operations.
Goals and Objectives:
• Assist tobacco farmers and those in tobacco-dependent communities to build economically sustainable enterprises.
• Minimize financial risk in crop transition by providing financial incentive to farmers selected through a competitive application process.
• Provide production, marketing and business management assistance to WNC AgOptions recipients to further support their projects.
• Offer demonstration of farm viability to the agricultural community.
• Support community group projects that improve Western North Carolina’s local agricultural system by addressing processing, packaging, marketing or other distribution needs (when funds are available for community projects).